Save Selected Subgoal As
You can save a subgoal as a separate goalscape (file) in its own right. This allows you to share certain parts of a large goalscape while keeping the rest confidential; or to split work across different people or teams.
Select the subgoal you want to copy out, then click File, Save Selected Subgoal As. A Save window will appear and you can choose a filename and location. By default, Goalscape will give the file the name of the subgoal.
It is easy to reinsert an updated subgoal back into your overall goalscape:
- Open the (updated) subgoal goalscape in another tab
- Select the central goal and click the Copy button () in its panel
- Open the overall goalscape
- Select the subgoal you copied out, note its importance and delete it - its parent will become the selected goal
- Click the Paste button () in its panel
- The updated subgoal will reappear as the newest subgoal (furthest clockwise), with default importance
- Change the importance to the figure you noted down earlier
- If you need to move it to a different position on the same parent, you can do so using drag & drop.